Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, June 9, 2013

TRY it THURSDAY BATMAN Birthday PARTY DECOR

THIS Try It Thursday is ALL ABOUT thinking outside the box!! I wanted budget friendly decor that could be used again AND didn't look like the party store threw up in my house!! SO the search began for Batman decor - because that was my lil guy's theme...of course I didn't start until 2 days BEFORE the party (I know, I know - last minute Nellie). I wanted a BLACK birthday banner...I went to the Dollar Store and got this...


A Pink Pretty Pretty Princess Banner....PERFECT for a Batman party don't you think?!??! 

 I was looking for a black banner - SO I KNEW I was going to spray paint it myself....So I wanted something with simple shapes that once painted it was sleek and black...I also knew I needed something I could easily take apart (for example removing the crown from the center of the banner)


So I busted out my can of spray paint....and got to work

I also picked up some paint chips from Home Depot - I was SHOCKED I found black

 I cut out bat shapes from a notepad my lil guy had....this was to become my template...

 I also grabbed yellow paint chips while I was there...to go with my black and yellow them....I cut them into penants....added the black bat cut out....

...and here is the beginning of my Batman theme birthday banner (that I can remove the penants and reuse the black "Happy Birthday")

Ta-DA!! Here is the Banner complete....
(for the kids birthdays I like to put up pics from years past - it's always fun to reflect and see how they've grown and changed)


I carried the decor into the kitchen....I am dealing with limited space BUT still wanted to have decor since that's where everyone gathers! I used my paint chips in coordinating black and yellow penants...I added bats to the ends and a number "8" (from an old address plaque kit) in the center...

 After taking the pic I realized it looked a lil adult up top with the tasty cocktail mixers....
 So I grabbed the black tapers I got at the thrift store for .59/bundle of 3, put those in the ice bucket, added my lil guy's Batman box....
and hung batman suckers on a cord along the bottom....which the kids LOVED!!! 

No comments: