Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, June 30, 2013

PATIO Furniture MAKEOVER

THIS was my deck in April...NOT awful But not FAB....I KNEW I could turn ho hum to TA-DA with a lil paint....


TA-DA!! 

MY table started out a lil pitiful....I had painted some cabinet doors on top (that's the grey lines you see) the original green of the table was showing through in some spots...SO I took cereal boxes and wedged them between the table and the supports (so no paint would drip on the deck)

Since I used latex paint (which is a B*tch to clean up) I used a plastic salad container - reduce, re-use and then re-cycle!!

Here you see the bench also received a coat of paint but the chair seats are empty (which I caught flack for from my parents....I had all the stuff to cover them I was just dragging my feet - which was SO ridiculous because it took less than an hour!!)

Original Chair Cushions (I needed then to be waterproof on the cheap)

I removed the pattern covering seen above

Laid out my waterproof "fabric" (can you guess what it is?!?!)


 cute yo size leaving about an inch or so for folding and stapling...and VIOLA!!!

Don't they look ADORBS with my grill?!?!
 Speaking of my grill....I've only used it a few times, BUT it needed a cleaning...you'll notice below I have an "S" hook (really a shower curtain hook used in my mug project) hanging from the handle...

I used that to keep the grill brush handy!!!


 Summertime and the living is easy on my lil plot of paradise....

Come on up and sit a spell.....


 View from the backyard....

Just planted this planter 2 weeks ago, a few more weeks and it will be lush, gorgeous and useful (I planted dill seed in the back for a tall texture and a useful plant)

I planted this baby back in the end of May....

And here it is NOW....it's filled in...I added the pot above it (which contains cilantro and basil I planted from seed - YUM to fresh pico de gallo and tomato basil salad)

Albeit my deck is small BUT it has everything  I need for entertaining or relaxing! I know the deck has seen better days BUT I'm waiting on my landlord to get that taken care of....

Come back  for THRIFTY Tuesday for a price breakdown on the makeover and your guesses on my waterproof fabric!!

1 comment:

Safdar Ali said...

Lovely post. I really like your work. Thanks for sharing. Hotel Furniture