Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, September 20, 2013

FOODIE FRIDAY...Maple Bacon Sticky Buns

I found this recipe in an old Woman's Day magazine...it calls for pecans too BUT my kids don't like nuts SO I omitted those...

 Gather your ingredients
You will need:
* 6 strips of cooked bacon (I've recently discovered cooking bacon in the oven and LOVE the way it comes out)
*1 package of Flaky golden layer biscuits
*1/4 cup maple syrup (I used what I had on hand albeit the light version)
*1/4 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans if you desire

MIX the brown sugar and syrup (and pecans)

Cut in your 6 strips of bacon

MIX

 Divide among muffin cups (my package was 8 biscuits so divide accordingly)

 Then simply pop the biscuits on top of the bacon mixture - I left my biscuits out to rise while I did the prep work, so you may have to press them into the muffin cup like I did

Sprinkle with Cinnamon

Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown....

Once you remove from the oven immediately flip out onto a baking sheet...


And this my friends is REALITY....they didn't just flip out all beautiful....some were upside down
 Serve with a side of bacon (BECAUSE you can NEVER have too much bacon) and some granny smith apples - the tart apples offsets the delish salty sweet of the sticky bun!

No comments: