Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, September 6, 2013

FOODIE FRIDAY...Broccoli Cilantro Slaw

I've blogged about my pulled pork recipe here http://objectofmayaffection.blogspot.com/2012/06/foodie-friday-slow-cooker-pulled-pork.html and NOW I'm going to tell you about a slaw that is the PEFECT accompaniment to the pulled pork....
I found this recipe while looking thru an old Woman's Day? magazine and it sounded pretty good - I LOVE cilantro and incorporating other veggies I don't love (like cabbage and broccoli) into my diet sounded like a good idea...I gathered all my ingredients....
 **Note, I did substitute broccoli slaw for cabbage slaw BECAUSE my store was out of the cabbage slaw

*1 1/2 cups of broccoli slaw
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
*1/4 cup low fat sour cream
*1 tbsp vinegar
*S & P to taste

whisk together sour cream, vinegar and S&P and pour over slow and cilantro...


Stir all your ingredients together...

Top you sammie and BAM! you're ready to eat!! 

1 comment:

Katie said...

yum!! that sounds great!