Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, July 4, 2014

FOODIE FRIDAY....Flank Steak Tacos

While in Chicago a few weeks ago I stocked up on my fave steaks for grilling....a nice flank steak or as they were called "grill steaks" (my parents wondered what a grill steak was). After marinating in fresh squeezed lime juice, garlic and Mojo I froze until I was ready to use....I new I wanted to make a corn salsa to compliment the meat

 I soaked the corn IN HUSK for a few hours (this is OUR fave way to grill corn) popped the corn, tomatillo, jalapeno and garlic on the grill....

NOTHING better than fresh ingredients....cilantro is right from my deck

Once my salsa fixins were ready I got to work....cut the corn off the ear, roughly chopped the tomatillo, garlic and jalapeno (later you pop them in the blender or food processor to puree)

 I was out of fresh tomatoes SO i improvised with crushed tomatoes - added some olive oil, fresh squeezed lime juice, salt and pepper to taste....

Popped the tortillas on the grill (these were the most perfect tortillas all season)

Foods served....

Buen Provecho!!!

1 comment:

Twinkle Terrior said...

our roasted corn (on grill) came out great at our family BBQ for the 4th! best and most yummy