Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, May 1, 2015

FOODIE FRIDAY....OVEN BAKED CHICKEN FINGERS

When trying to eat right AND cook for your family it's easy to get stuck in the same 'ol rut....that's what was happening to me....SO I looked back thru my old pictures (I do this for outfit ideas too) and found some pics of my oven baked chicken fingers!! (Sometimes we just need reminders - right?!?!?).  SO I set out to make them for dinner....I mostly only use chicken that is cage free, no steroids or fillers, etc 
(THESE can be found at wal-mart and are approx a dollar more than the walmart brand)

(BECAUSE all that stuff filters down into our bodies - if the breast is as big as your head it makes one wonder what kinda super pill that chicken was on and I know I don't want THAT in my body...I truly believe that is one of the reasons America is super-sized). Anyway, I have my chicken breasts - 

I added a tbsp of mayo and about 2/3 cup of fat free italian dressing and let them marinate all day....

When it's time to make dinner I crushed about 4 cups of corn flakes, added 2/3 cup parmesan cheese and 2 tbsp of italian seasoning - shake and now you have your "breading". Slice the chicken breasts into strips and coat with breading (no need to dip in milk or egg BECAUSE they are already covered in your marinade)

 Place in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes (or until golden brown)

And VIOLA!! Dinner is served! It's better than fried chicken fingers, the fam loves it and you can feel good about a meal well served!!

No comments: