Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

WIWW....The Two week edition

Each Wednesday The Pleated Poppy http://thepleatedpoppy.com/category/what-i-wore/ hosts a What I wore link-up...pretty brilliant actually BECAUSE it gives us all a chance to see how someone else may wear the SAME thing in a different way (and quite honestly gets us outta our jammies at least once a week). I LOVE clothes and I love the thrill of the hunt even more!! I KNOW a lot of people may be grossed out by wearing clothes that have been thrifted or pre-owned BUT the reality is if you are selective in your shopping choices and inspect the item MOST times it's something that has only been worn a few times OR may even be new with the tags!! The BEST part is you aren't looking like you just stepped out of the latest catalog like her and her and her....There is the option for a UNIQUE blended style that is all your own!! DO YOU shop at the thrift stores?  

It's the #holidayseason
My sista from a different mista invited me to tag along at her Holiday Party in #downtownchicago THIS girl couldn't say no (BUT I have to preface with I was already on my way to the city when she asked me SO I literally had the clothes from fam photo shoot and jeans because I had no idea I'd be going to a soiree downtown)
 What I'm wearing:
Vest - Thrifted
Black Turtleneck - Borrowed from Mom (thanks mom!!)
Necklaces - Giant Pearl AKA "the mrs.roper necklace" as dubbed by my sis Wal-mart
Skinny necklace with crocheted fabric - Maurices
Skirt - Maurices
Boots - El Dorado (you can't even see them BUT I was sporting my leopard cowboy boots...and the whole time in my head I'm singing the Miley Cyrus song "Party in the USA" because I was that chick rawking (not kicks but boots) from outta town! BUT I felt GREAT - comfy in my own skin!!

 What I'm Wearing:
Black Sweater Turtleneck- Thrifted and has been my FAVE - wish I could find more like it - the perfect ribbing, just the right amount of stretch...
Pearl Necklace - My great Aunts (just a long simple strand with a knot)
Black Slacks (feature a blue pinstripe) - Thrifted

Cas Errand Day
 Skull Scarf - Target (a few years ago)
Skull Foil Sweatshirt - Walmart (Feb 2015)
Leggings - CVS
Booties - Toms

With the midwest winter weather (some days) I just want a soft comfy turtleneck sweater to throw on...ya feel me?!?!
 What I'm wearing:
Sweater - Thrifted
Necklace - thesassypearl
Jeggings - CVS
Boots - UGGS

What I assumed was just a regular day turned out to be the day #heputaringonit

What I'm wearing:
Earrings - Macy's
Necklace - Same pearl one as above
Cowl Neck Tunic - Suzanne Somers 
Jeggings - CVS
Boots - Uggs


Off to see what YOU wore this week and HOW you wore it!!!

No comments: