Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Black, White and Pearl

The following are projects that have been on my to-do list for AGES!! And it's so silly that it took so long to actually start them because they were QUCIK and EASY to do!

This project I can't entirely take credit for as I saw someone on another blog cover wiffle balls (but I think they used napkins?). The following is MY take on it! I LOVE pearls as you can see here.....

(holy cleavage and bad hair day - this was my birthday last year)
And here.....(another crazy hair day)
and here......
and here.....
Last but not least here....
(don't ya love that cute lil bib detail on my tank....it's vintage and it clips on so I can wear it on shirt)
Onto the project! I started with these....wiffle balls from the Dollar Tree and strands of pearls (the smaller pearls were .99 at the salvation army and the large pearls I've had for ages and just never wanted to "commit" to any one project)

SO first I tried to glue the pearls directly on the ball BUT you could see the holes....I needed tissue paper (but didn't have any white) how about a napkin? (again, no white) SO I remembered I have a ton of coffee filters....
As I got half way thru the first ball I thought I ran outta of pearls (IF I had looked on the table I would have seen there was enough to do 2 balls!!) so I got creative and added the silver beads (these I bought at the Target Dollar Spot back in December...I was going to make tree topiaries). I really like the look of the pearl and silver - classic and edgy!!

(Stay tuned to see WHERE I displayed these)
Remember last week when I posted about these? Well #7 has found a home!

Right after I did the prep work! I simply glued twine on a piece of cardboard cut to size (I saw this idea on another blog as well)

I love the combined elements....the twine, silver and statement black! Seven has always been my lucky number and NOW it represents the number of people in MY family!

I have picked these up a different thrift stores....Prices ranged from .25 to .79....I always knew what I wanted to do with them....

A lil chalkboard paint (see, I squeezed the paint directly into the coasters and used a foam brush to spread....this was the first time I have used the brush method for chalkboard paint - I usually use spraypaint)....
After 3 coats (2 are reccomended) I had this.....
EAT.....perfect for the kitchen!
Awww.....M & J.....for me and my baby!! Wouldn't these be cute above picture frames of us!

GO and tackle those FUN lil projects! If you do, tell me, I'd love to see them!! OR if you're looking for more FUN project or decorating ideas stop by http://www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/ where you can find a whole lotta linky projects!

2 comments:

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

The pearl decor balls are very chic and cute! Looks like you have been very busy! Thanks for sharing - Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
~Stephanie Lynn
www.bystephanielynn.com

Susan said...

You are ridiculously creative! LOVE.

xo
babymama