Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Garden Urns

After the Annual Mother's Day flower shopping trip with my mom I was inspired to work on my urns....

Here is how they started out.....(this was the spring look - pansies, faux forsythia and sticks)

BUT now that summer came in overnight (um it was 90+ today) and seeing all the pretty flowers out for summer I knew a change was in the near future....
I picked these up @ Wally world.....it's a small houseplant (I LOVE to use these as accent plants in summer outdoor pots - WAY MO' BANG FOR YOUR BUCK and more unique options). For example, this plant was $2.75
Looked like this when I took it outta the pot....

and split it into TWO (now I have accent plants for both my urns at a cost of $1.38 and most accent plants (Ivy, sweet potato vine, vinca vine or spikes ) are AT LEAST $2.00 each of not more.....
Once the plant was split, I laid the plants out in the urn until I found a pleasing arrangement....

I incorporated the pansies....
And this summer I am trying something a lil different....I added mulch on top of the dirt HOPING to help maintain the moisture and keep the plants hydrated (I'll let you know how that goes) and it LOOKS so neat and nice.

No comments: