Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIWW Rhinestone Cowgirl

I am linking up to Pleated Poppy's WIWW http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2011/05/what-i-wore-wednesday-25/ (this one's for you Babymomma!!).

Please forgive the craptastic lighting in the next 2 photo's....it was the end of the day (ie dark) and I said CRAP! I forgot to take a WIWW pic again! But my baby said lets go take one now! (thanks love).
Sherbet Orange Striped Tank - Target 2010 $2.00
White Tank under - Target 2010 (part of a pj set BUT way too see thru to wear that way, so I use as a tank for layering)
Hydraulic Capris - Maurices 2010
Belt - Salvation Army and BLINGED out by moi (see details below)
Gold Sandals - Walmart $3.50 a few weeks ago

Close up of the belt! I never wear belts, bought this last fall with the intent of painting it and blinging it out...well, it say in the garage for 8 months until I FINALLY decided to tackle it last week...literally took MINUTES!

Here I wore thru the belt loops...ya know, the way you'd traditionally wear a belt.....and kinda tucked (rested my shirt above) the shirt...like all the fashion mags are showing...
Thursday - Just made the belt and couldn't wait to try it on! And here I wore it OVER my shirt to accent my waist (imagine how cute this would look just like this but with a skirt and a paid or boots (or if that's too costume country) a pair of sandals....

Tan Long sleeve - Target 2009
Brown tank - Target 2009
Belt - Salvation Army blinged out by moi
Jeans - Walmart


BELT DETAILS......
Here is the after.....
Here is what I started with.....I think I paid under $2.00 for the leather belt and the buckle
As you can see all I did was superglue a strand of rhinestones around the inner edge of the buckle.....




5 comments:

Julie said...

I could've used that belt in Arkansas last week! Diggin' the rhinestones.......you're a rhinestone cowgirl! Also, I thought of you this morning because I'm wearing pearls today!! Real strand around my neck and 4 fauxs on my wrist.

Brit said...

I love the 1st outfit, totally cute. And I love Love LOVE the belt, it looks great with all your outfits. CUTE! Thanks for stopping by our blog and sharing some love ;) jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Cute to see how you put the belt to use with different outfits!

Courtney and Heather said...

Love your 2nd outfit. That belt is too cute! I love me some rhinestones too!

~Courtney~

love2sisters.blogspot.com

Susan said...

You are so friggin' crafty I can't stand it!!!
LOVE the belt.

xo
babymama
avagracescloset