Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, July 6, 2012

Foodie Friday Chicken Pot Pie SHORTCUT

Now that I am working (albeit part time, it's still an adjustment for me). The kids were begging for Chicken Pot Pie, so one afternoon after work I decided I was going to make them Chicken Pot Pie...but since it was already after 4pm, I KNEW I needed to figure out a way to make it "homemade" but FAST!! Enter supermarket help....Pre-cooked oven roasted chicken slices, frozen mixed veggies and pre-made pie crust.....


I followed the basic principles of pot pie (I didn't have any flour SO I substituted Cream of Mushroom soup, added 3/4 cup of milk, sauteed onions and celery a package and a half of diced chicken and 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies...bring to a boil and dump into pie crust)


Bake at 375℉ for approx 45 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown....


VIOLA!!! (I didn't let the pie set up after I took it out of the oven hence the extra side of filling)

Do you have any EASY fast delish recipes?!??! Share them please :)

No comments: