Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Try it Thursday Jute Wedges

This was a project that has been in the works since March.....I started out with these wedges (I've only worn once....wasn't crazy about the wood)


So I gathered up my supplies.....

and glued until my heart was content....

However, as I got closer to the bottom of the heel it became increasingly difficult to get a nice even line on the back of the heel, so I snipped pieces that fit just the back portion....and figured I'd snip the loose ends off and they would be GREAT!! But the more I looked at them...the more I realized it looked like a hot mess....So this "Try it Thursday" was a big F A I L!!


SO I am going to try and remove the strings of twine and see if I can paint the wedge (if I can get the string off smooth enough) like I've seen on Pinterest....I'll let ya know how that goes!

No comments: