Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Try it Thursday Fedora with Sequin Trim

As an artist or crafter, we see it and imitate it - right?!?!? Several weeks ago I saw this hat at Macy's and fell in L O V E!! I couldn't stop thinking about this FAB fedora.....(but at $35.00 I wasn't getting it)


 Are you now thinking "wait, I thought she wasn't getting that fedora?!?!" Well, I didn't....I made my own version of it....I happened to be at Hob Lob and saw this lonely (and on clearance for $7.48 fedora) and thought hooray!! I can make my fedora and this one has more of a linen material so it feels like I can wear it with more....

Now onto the try it part.....to get the sequin trim I so desired, I purchased a roll at Hob Lob and I also purchased some velcro dots (these are from JoAnn's). the velcro dots are stick on one side so they adhere to your product, so all I had to do was peel and stick! Since this isn't something that will be handled heavily, the peel and stick velcro worked great! My intention is to make several more hat trims so I can simply alternate them to coordinate with any outfit (which is why I didn't glue the trim directly on the hat).
Lemme know if YOU try this or something similar! 

3 comments:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Great idea! Your version looks so great!

P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog!

OksanaB said...

What a fun idea! You look chic!

Makaila said...

Awesome! I am really trying to train myself to recreate looks I like.. for cheaper.