Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thrifty Tuesday....Pearl and Holly Pillows

WELCOME back to Thrifty Tuesday!! Last week I was inspired to make a felt Holly wreath to put on my throw pillows in the family room, to add the teal color I am LOVING!! BUT I am on a very thrifty budget...like .34 budget!! I picked up this piece of felt at the craft store....drew up a holly leaf on a cereal box and traced it onto my felt....


I cut the felt and got enough "holly" leaves to make two wreaths....

Here is one on a cream pillow (I've had this pillow FOREVER - the other side is covered with chenille tone on tone safari animals....it was cheap and when I bought it I was hungry for throw pillows and Shabby Chic was all the rage...I didn't use it much -the size was weird for the furniture I had before...anyway...re-duce, re-use, recycle!!).

The leopard pillow is a no brainer-  momma loves her some leopard!!

Here it is WITH flash (so you can see it). 


 How I made them: I cut the felt leaves out, arranged them in a circle on EACH pillow and then used a small dot of hot glue leaf to leaf to create the circle (I did NOT glue them to the pillow as I want to be able to remove them next month withOUT ruining the pillows).


What do you think?!?! Are toy going to add some felt holly to YOUR life?!?! I am linking up with 
The Vintage Wanna Bee http://www.vwbblog.com/

No comments: