Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, April 29, 2013

Chicken and Dumpling Soup ON THE QUICK

I just so happen to be one of those people that photograph's EVERYTHING!! LOL! Luckily I do! Over the weekend one of my girls was saying how much she missed my foodie posts....I guess I didn't realize I haven't really done any food posts BUT then again I haven;t felt like my cooking was worthy of blogging about - LOL!!! Today's post is chicken and dumplings ON THE QUICK...It was a cold rainy day - the perfect soup kinda day....but I hadn't taken any chicken out...can't afford to eat out so I ran to the grocery store and picked up a day old rotisserie (it was HALF price - ie $2.99 - PERFECT for what I needed it for), parsley, biquick and carrots


Washed my produce (I'm a HUGE germophob and have to wash my produce) cut up some celery, carrots, onion and the parsley - threw it in a pot of chicken broth & water - added the chicken and some seasonings about boiled for about 20 minutes....

 Removed the chicken -let cool, shredded the meat and made the dumplings according to the directions and as Emeril says "BAM!!" there's dinner on the QUICK!!

What's your FAVORITE quick meal?!??!

No comments: