Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, June 1, 2012

Foodie Friday Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

This is a FAVE in my household! Pulled pork sammies rule! I start with whatever pork roast happens to be on sale (I'm sure some cuts are better than others)....The one I am featuring today is a Bone In picnic pork....
I have seasoned it with Adobo (A latin spice - that is a blend of garlic, salt, pepper and saffron)

I place the pork in the slow cooker and add a can of COKE (not diet...you need the sugars to help tenderize the meat) water, liquid smoke (this is a SECRET ingredient to cooking lots of meat) and some bbq sauce....

I just place the bbq sauce on the top

As you can see, this pork was trying to de-rail my post!! It was too large for the pot BUT I left it like this until it cooked down (I don't reccomend doing that if you aren't going to be home..could be messy and dangerous)
 Cook on high heat for at least 6 hours (or until the meat starts to pull apart). Remove to a plate and let cool for about 8 -10 minutes....once cool and you cam handle the meat, use a fork to pull apart....

When you are done you will have a plate of pulled pork...you can eat it this way BUT I like to put back into the slow cooker with the reserved liquid (you can drain some if there is more than 2-3 cups). I add more bbq sauce and cook for another 1-2 hours...
 And VIOLA!! Here is an "All American" dinner of pulled pork sammies, kettle cooked chips, pickles and coca cola!!
Buen Provecho! 

No comments: