Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, October 29, 2015

TRY IT THURSDAY....HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS at the last minute

Try it, you'll like it, take a tip from me (remember that cheer from grade school?!?!?). Waiting until 4 days BEFORE a holiday to decorate can be FUN!!! (NOT!! I have been overwhelmed the past several months and things I LOVE have fallen by the wayside). It may only be a few days before the holiday BUT my kids deserve to have #halloweendecoartions and why not?!?!? I've set up an entire flea market booth for only 1 day - so WHY NOT decorate for Halloween for 4 days?!?! (PLUS I HEART #sugarskulls SO technically they can hang out for a few days into November!!! Without further ado here is what I did in a few hours....

I gathered a handful of things from the bins in the basement....

I put up this Kitty shower curtain not long after October 1st (my mom made this for me 15 years ago!! It's a tradition)


Continuing with the kitty theme TODAY I swapped out a beachy print for the cat picture (thrifted years ago) and added a black crow to the woven basket.....oh and see the cute kitty on the door....I LOVE a good theme!!

The other day it occurred to me to put this #vintage metal #ironingboard in my hallway....I JUST brought it in Sunday and I KNEW it would be the perfect place to display holiday items.....

#dayofthedead is my JAM!!! I think the art is SO beautiful

Lanterns, skulls and white pumpkins oh my!!!

Stuck a pin in this white beauty, added spider "eyes" and she's frighteningly FABULOUS!!!

Did  a lil re-arranging on top of my buffet to accommodate the frightening Mr. and Mrs (do you see them to the left?!?!?)

I'm SO glad I prioritized my day and got some halloween on for my kids!!

No comments: