Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, September 26, 2011

ALOHA Birthday Decor

My daughter wanted an ALOHA theme for her birthday (in SEPTEMBER - which was a challenge as tropical season was over and she decided this the end of August!!). So I searched high and low for invitations that would coordinate....I found some at Hobby Lobby BUT wasn't willing to pay the price they were asking for a pack of 10...So I figured I could make my own (which I dragged my feet on) SO at Wal-Mart I found these notecards....

Cute BUT not quite blingy enough.....so I added rhinestones....
With the invites done, I could move on to making the menu.....which of course had to coordinate with the theme....

I ordered the cake....

Balled a buncha melon (which seemed to impress her girlfriends)

The food ready to be served.....


I made Kahaluu punch...(which later I added some UV Coconut Rum to...YUM-O)

I needed somewhere to put the drink umbrellas......I tried "sand" (which was really crushed up graham cracker) and that failed....So I wracked my brain and came up with this.....

The waters even got label-ed......


I made these wreaths for the front door (I will do a separate post about these)
And for the party I added these pennants (made from paint chip samples)
We bought some glow in the dark leis (that we thought would be so cool BUT they were a pain in the butt! We had to put them together) and grass skirts.
ALOHA

1 comment:

christy zima said...

Another comment from your HUGE fan...for Maya's Mom- great party! we love the same stores..many of our parties are courtesy of Hobby Lobby and Party City shopping :)