Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, September 2, 2011

FALL Friday

I can't believe it's been a week since I have posted! I am in the midst of a million projects, trying to get in the swing of back to school, kids sports, getting ready for the flea markets and planning a birthday party! Two weeks ago I stopped in Lowes to find a burnt orange oopsey paint (which I am still on the hunt for) and saw they were having an AWESOME plant sale! Knowing I wanted some plants for some fall color I picked up a few things.....

Here is how my baskets look all planted! I totally LUCKED OUT!! Here's a price breakdown:
Coco lined basket - $1.87
Fuschia mum - .87 (such a STEAL)
Purple Sweet Potato Vine - .25
Purple waxy thing (no clue what its called) - .25

SO for two planters, my total cost was about $5.00!! Fab fall (pretty pop of fuschia) color!!


These plum colored spikes which usually retail for $9.99 each (and they are an ANNUAL - can we say RIP-OFF?!?!?). I LOVE them but have always been too cheap to pay $10.00, but they were on clearance for $2.00 (still expensive to me considering all the other ones were less than a dollar)
I am going to replace the flowers I have in my urn with the spikes for fall....simple and perfect coloring.
I planted this soup tureen with another .25 waxy plant and a 6 pack of moss rose.....
Hope ya have a FABULOUS weekend!

No comments: