Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dresser Makeover / Jewelry Shelf

I feel so guilty for not posting sooner - I have SO much to blog about BUT no time (as I have been knee deep in paint!) so this will be a major picture heavy post!!

As you may or may not know, we recently moved SO that means things that worked before, don't necessarily work at this house! I needed a lil dresser, didn't want to pay a lot of money - have been keeping my eyes peeled while thrifting BUT no luck! After dropping the kids at school I stopped by a garage sale and found this......

NOW, this is one of those pieces that you need you need to have a vision for because looking as it does, not many people would want it! It had good bones, and the price was right.....
SO I sanded it down......
Gave it a coat of silver spray paint and hated it......then I tried a "spa blue".....
And whiel it looks good, it wsn't right for the spot I had planned.....
It was meant to go right under this black shelf....
I LOVE how it looks, I now have a place for (SOME) of my jewelry and perfume storage...
Yes, I wear Brittany Spears 'Believe'...LOVE this fragrance
My girl Tia made this charm bracelet for me.....pearl, starbucks girl, minx.....LOVE it!
When organizing and displaying my jewelry, I like to try and think out of the box.....I believe the stand is a counter tip towel holder.....I have utilized the arms for bracelets, rings, necklaces and watches.....
EVERYTHING looks a lil better on a silver tray!!
These are my Great Aunt's vintage hair combs.....I like keeping them out on display....
Note sure what this lil silver caddy was originally used for BUT it now holds pearls and vintage pins (that I want to make a bouquet out of someday).

Have a GREAT weekend! ENJOY the fab midwest weather!

No comments: