Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Makeover Monday

I know!!! I usually do a "mani monday" post BUT since I have been working on getting the house set up...I haven't really done anything great with my nails....BUT I did this today...

A house is walls, a HOME has heart and soul! Which come in the details...these awesome colored pans on the wall were found at the Salvation Army....FAB color palette (which just so happens to coordinate with the colors I have chosen for this house) They were Made in Italy and are a wonderful POP to above the cabinets! The orange-y jello mold was also found at the thrift several weeks ago....funny how things just work together, isn't it?!?! (or maybe it's just a subconscious color palette choice).

Here is how I was able to reach so high to hang them....

 It's a miracle I didn't fall and  break my back!! I had the step stool on the counter, that I had to step on the chair to get to...

Again, here is a final of the finished product!! I added a green metal (record holder?) organizer to which I added all my white and cream platters and fronted those with this vintage Made in Italy platter featuring a spumoni cake.....Perhaps I should call this corner the "Decor of Italy"


I also worked on this today.....

What started out this way last week...


NOW looks like this....




It was important to me to display the kids art work and have a "Hall of Fame"...I LOVE the things kids come up with and THEY FEEL GREAT seeing their works on display!! 

I have been doing more today, BUT I am saving the rest for Thursday!! 
I have been feeling in a bit of a decorating funk, so it's important to me to find that creative spark again (I think the move and working has drained me BUT once I get going, there is no stopping me!!). 

No comments: