Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, September 7, 2012

Shut the FRONT DOOR FRIDAY

As I was decorating my lil front area yesterday it came to me that it would be fun to do a "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR" Friday post! There are endless possibilities with the holiday season upon us!! I may even do a linky party - let me know in the comment section if you would like to link up and if there are enough, I will create the link!!
Y'all know I just moved a few weeks ago - everything is still trying to find it's place BUT I was noticing that my front door was sad and pitiful, which is NO bueno! That's the first thing that welcomes a person to your home (plus you wanna give them stuff to look at while they wait for you to answer the door). Here's what I started with (now I will tell you right from go, I would paint the front door and get a new screen)


I added the "vinyl" saying "Bless this home with love and laughter" which I picked up from the Dollar Store


and the evolution continues....I added this vintage school desk I found on the curb (SCORE) and the brass pot turned Robin's Egg blue for a pop of color ( I want to paint the desk too I just haven't settled on a color yet....)
 I felt like the school desk was missing something....perhaps a globe? SO I started thinking...what do I have thats globe like that I can put outside?!?! And VIOLA! While in the garage I spied this obelisk form I got at the thrift LAST YEAR....

It was rusty and chippy and perfect So I decided to spray paint it!! I figured if I tire of the robins egg blue, I can always place out in the open and it will return to it's original color!! I LOVE how this lil grouping came together! It was things I already had!!

Much better blue, no? 
SO, I still need a wreath ( I have a few different ideas) and a rug and to change those awful peel and stick address numbers!!
Leave me a comment and let me know if you'd like to participate in Shut the Front Door Friday or just stop and say hi!! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Pam Kessler said...

I love that obelisk thing on the porch. It's fun to find things that you didn't even remember you had.