Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Moving / Back to School Decor

I HATE moving....but all the times I have moved in the past year I should be a PRO!! The problem is 
I ♥ my stuff (and I sell at the Flea markets so I have stock for that as well) PLUS 2 kids - wowwwee a lot of stuff!! 
In between working and shuttling the kids to school and school events I have been unpacking....
 ...trying to find a place for everything and everything in it's place
I washed the floors in the hall (on my hands and knees) I'm neurotic that way...I need to know every surface has been cleaned before I will even think about putting my stuff down....

Once I had a nice clean hall, I was able to decorate.....
 The lil console is PERFECT for this space (I had my eye on it at the Salvation Army for a MONTH!! It was only $10.00 originally BUT I am budget conscious....after a month I let the staff @ SA know I was interested in the item but since it had been there for over a month wondered if they could do better on the price - I got it for $5.00!!!). I want to paint it BUT am not sure what color yet....any suggestions?

Once the console was in place, I wanted to decorate for Back to School....
Vintage slate chalkboard, Vintage ruler in the shape of an "M" for my kids name, apples and a bundle of pencils....
Everday is a HOLIDAY in our house!! What's your favorite holiday to decorate for?!?!

No comments: