Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thanksgiving Decor

Hi ya'll!! I spent today decorating with a thankful heart!! It seems that every year Thanksgiving gets ousted by Christmas...Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas as much as the next girl BUT I want to take the time before Christmas to focus on family, gratitude and lifes daily joys BEFORE all the holiday hullabaloo! So, I get my Thanksgiving groove on (WHILE listening to Christmas music!!).

I recently separated the top shelf from the bottom of the sideboard, SO now whatever I put on there needs to look good from the front and back....I went with natural elements (the tiered tray actually looks like a fall Christmas tree :)

I LOVE using the space above the cabinets to decorate...below is my standard decor...vintage enamel pans from Italy, vintage platters (noticing a theme) and my prayerful hand plaque to remind us to pray and thank him! 

For the month of November I put the turkey plate in the front of the platters and added an iron folk art-ish turkey...

and below the cabinets I changed up the snack station....the apothecary jars moved here from the buffet,  I added the "give thanks" sign and put some holiday plates in my silver fruit basket...


Each of my kids has a pin board that I change out their art work...This is my lil guys (I need to dig deep to find Maya's fall stuff - their art gets more sophisticated the older they get).
Isn't it cute?!?! There's nothing sweeter than a child's writing!! 

I have this lil cutie turkey I got at the thrift...without pomp and circumstance he would get lost....

So he needed a cloche!! And to raise him up and make him stand out, I nestled him in a bed of dried split peas...again, a natural element that coordinates with my decor! 

My bookshelf in the family room has simple touches added...


I found this brush at a flea and KNEW I would do something unique with it....I added the vintage "wheat" flashcard....

The view out my patio door....

I'd LOVE to see your decor! Leave me a link!! 


No comments: