Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thrifty Tuesday....Dollar Store Bins with Gold Polka Dots

As I have been getting settled in my new place I am discovering I want my things to be beautifully organized...baskets are ALWAYS a win (except for tights...they will snag on the basket) so I knew exactly what I was looking for...Those collapsible boxes that everyone and their momma sells. So I started at Target - and had sticker shock - $6.99 for one box...I needed 2. I wasn't about to pay $13.98 for 2 bins - that's downright crazy!! Especially since they were going to be in the armoire ....So I headed over to the Dollar Tree....


 Where I DID find bins!! Woot woot! However they only came with blue polka dots...


SO I decided to paint over them with gold craft paint (that was free to me - it was in a box of curb side finds)....Silly that I should worry about colors since I just said it was going to be in an armoire...

BUT they should still be pretty right?!?!

SO I painted and painted....and then I decided to outline the circles with a black sharpie....Oddly enough as I was painting them I decided I kinda liked the blue circles - they became less blue and more teal as I painted them....

Here they are all set up in the armoire....and the one to the left holds tights and leg warmers and the one to the right holds fun and funky socks!!

Being better organized will help me be better with time management (because I won't spend forever looking for things!). What Dollar Tree product has inspired YOU?!?!?!

No comments: