Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MANIC MONDAY....A Tire Planter from Pinterest

One of my girlies found and pinned this on Pinterest and I thought it was SUPES cute!! So I was on the hunt for a tire....



The actual project can be found here....Found on diyshowoff.com

SERENDIPITY!! I found a tire a weeks or so after seeing the pin....
(find the crappiest tire you can - it will make the END process so MUCH EASIER)

I got my paint out (the same one I used for my doormat post found here http://objectofmayaffection.blogspot.com/2014/03/try-it-thursdayholla-door-mat.html )


Slapped a few coats of paint on....

Got a drill(no bits SO I assumed I could use a screw and just drill multiple holes thru....until I drilled down past the thread, had to pull the screw back out...ahh success....NOPE....the holes didn't stay open..they seemingly closed again  - that won't work for drainage....SO my dad brought this drill with bits....SUCCESS....(AFTER several holes and wiggling the drill from side to side to open up the holes...apparently there is a wire lining in the tire)


and VIOLA!!!! 

I ADORE the end result!! SO CUTE!! Thanks dad for bringing your drill AND a cable to hang the tire from!! 




No comments: