Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, June 29, 2015

MANIC MONDAY....DEER SKULL

Last month at the flea market after MUCH haggling and settling I got that FAB deer skull on the bottom right...


I have been wanting a horned cow skull for awhile....and I imagined when I found one I'd embellish it....
 Like ANY of these images....
(mmmkay I know mine's a deer skull BUT I COULD still paint or embellish it)
First things first, I had to figure out how I was going to hang it (there are only teeth on one side SO it makes it lopsided, and after getting the twine thru the back of the head THAT didn't allow for a flat display either SO I wrapped it around the antlers and we were in business....



I wasn't quite ready to make a decision re painting or embellishing SO I thought I
d hang it and let it speak to me....I didi add the crown of flowers...similar to the pic with the black skull and the roses on its head....

I am LOVING it, my kids are worried it's going to decapitate someone and my neighbor just doesn't get it!!

No comments: