Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, July 15, 2016

FOODIE FRIDAY.....CHICKEN STUFFED PEPPERS

Do you ever get in a cooking rut?!?!? When this happens to me I go to Pinterest and check out what I have pinned. I then like to make a list that uses LIKE ingredients SO the cooking for the week is easy (and inexpensive BECAUSE I will have everything on hand instead of running to the grocer and paying $3.00 for sour cream because I didn't get it on sale or at the big box store). 

Earlier in the week I had made crock pot chicken tacos (I just popped the chicken in the slow cooker with minced garlic, a 1/4 package of taco seasoning and a 1/2 teaspoon of Chile salt and half a squeezed lime). 


The meat was SO tender it was easy to shred....we loved our chicken tacos that night. I was planning ahead and made enough meat because I knew I was making stuffed peppers later in week. It was SO easy!!! 
 I added the following:
1/2 can of rinsed black beans
1/2 can of diced tomatoes with chiles
1/2 bag of frozen corn
shredded chicken
Combined all the ingredients and put the mixture in the peppers topped with shredded taco cheese and popped in the toaster oven for 20 minutes or so until the cheese was golden brown (in the summer WHO wants to heat up the entire house to make dinner!?!??!).
Served with rice. SUPER delish, a hit with the kids and healthy!!!

No comments: