Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

MANI MONDAY.....FLAMINGO NAILS

Mani Monday on a Tuesday.....

The mani was SO cute (and actually from a few weeks ago...SO I figured I'd better get caught up!!!). My daughter called Flamingo's "Flying-mingos" when she was small....I've always had a love for them because they are tropical!!! Did you know they get their color from the brine shrimp and blue-green algae they eat?!?!? Enzymes in their liver break down the carotenoids into the pink and orange coloring found in their feathers and legs. 

I LOVE #dollartree and find the BEST stuff there!! 


Got these CUTIE #flamingo nails (and the honeycomb) at Dollar Tree
(I get ALL my fun funky nails there and they hold up really awesome)

 I like to add a fun nail in my mani for something different and unexpected!
(as you can see above I originally had the flying-mingo nail on with all light pink BUT it needed a kick so I changed the other nails to aqua and added the darker pink to the pinky)

Look for the Sassy+Chic nails at your local dollar tree (you do need to buy the glue separate and this can be found at any local retailer {my Dollar Tree did not have the glue}).
 Nails - Dollar Tree
Aqua Color - Milani "Mint Crush"
OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Light Pink (seen in first pic) - NYC "Pink Champagne"


I LOVE getting the no-chip mani's....BUT I am trying to "live like no one else SO I can live like no one else" so that's one thing I have cut out for now. Doing my own nails allows me variety and changing it up! 

No comments: