Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent Calendar

A few years ago my girl Tia and I made these advent calendars (after seeing them all over blog land we knew we wanted to try our hand at it with our own twist)...


We covered different size match boxes / small containers in scrapbook paper, added the numbers (and magnets to the back to stick to the spray painted cookie sheet). Each year I add different lil trinkets....these are this years....

Chocolate santas, golden coins, snowmen pencils, sponge grow an animal (which is the day prior to the zoo for zoo lights) and gloves (these have a lil slip of paper that says "see mom"). Thank you Target Dollar Spot! I ♥You!

Lest you think I only give "gifts" I also give family time....I write out lil slips of paper of fun things to do during the month of December....
Such as: Go Downtown and see the Macy's lights, Make Ornaments, Movie and Popcorn (at home).....
Ice Cream at Culvers, trip to see Santa, Ice Cream Sundaes (at home), breakfast at Starbucks.....These are just a few examples of what we do BUT the possibilities are endless! If you make one, lemme know, I'd love to see it and get ideas!

No comments: