Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, December 5, 2011

Trimming the Tree

I have been trying to get the pic of me and my lil guy to rotate so I can post here and it just isn't budging BUT he was there and he did hang his ornaments! Last year I started a "new" tradition...that we will go to Macy's and pick an ornament for the tree (while we are there seeing the windows and the big tree). Last year they EACH picked an ornament (which was ok, they were 40% off) so they got to hang those. When the sad day comes that they are grown ups and living on their own, I will send all their ornaments with them....

Here is my ornament we made last year (one of the advent calendar projects) we did our initials out of cardboard and glittered them. Cheap and fun!

My lil sweetie hanging her glitter ornament she made.....

Trimming a tree is serious business....see, my face says so!

Here is a lil snippet of my white (LOVE) tree.....I will showcase more for the Nester;s holiday home tour!

While sitting down enjoying the calm of the evening and the lights of my tree I noticed the branches were reflecting in this robins egg blue vintage shiny brite...

last year I saw this idea on another blog....grouping ornaments together....LOVED it! Makes such an impact and helps fill in those bare spots....

Happy tree trimming!

No comments: