Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Preview

Last night out advent calendar activity was hot cocoa and marshmallows....So I pulled out the holiday mugs.....

Picked these BAD BIRDS up at Wal-Mart (these are SO GOOD - like sinfully good and I don't like the classic easter peeps)

Don't they look cute swimming in the cups of cocoa?



While perusing blogland I came across this FAB wreath on Hammers and High Heels Blog....this wreath was in the Bachmans idea house....when I saw it I KNEW I had to make my own version....


So in a few weeks I procured these trays from the thrift (I did have a few of the trays but not enough and I was being thrifty and not willing to pay more than $1.99 per tray)


See the chalkboard tray? That was the same one that sported the turkey last month!


Here is the tree in our dining room....traditional in the sense there are colored lights...food was the theme for this tree. I used a metal Eat, Drink Be Merry sign for the topper...LOVE the non-traitional topper!


I found these cute vintage Santa mugs at the thrift....I didn't need another mug BUT these were too cute to pass up....They look great on the tree - so glad I got them!


Here's a lil canvas I made last year with a vintage frosty the snowman book page.....see them looking in the bakery window? Such a cute image!!


Here is the shelf in the kitchen...outfitted for cocoa days! A jar of marshmallows, candy canes, cocoa and white Santa mugs!


I am linking up here http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2011/12/welcome-to-holiday-housewalk-party.html stop by and check out all the fab holiday decor!

No comments: