Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, June 29, 2012

Foodie Friday Pizza Pops

While at The 3 French Hens Market I got a "pizza pop" which was SO FAB! It was a full size italian sausage, cheese,  onions and green pepper encased in a "dough"....SO GOOD!! SO I KNEW I had to try and re-create it at home...

SO I started with these ingredients (I already pre-cooked my italian sausage)....


I omitted the onion and green pepper because I knew my kids wouldn't like them....I used a roll of Pillsbury Italian Loaf ready to bake roll....


Which I proceeded to snip into sections with my kitchen scissors....

Flattened out the dough....cut the italian sausage in half (so it was more manageable sizes for the kids)


Added shredded mozzarella cheese and the sausage and rolled.....


I baked at 375℉ for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown....

Here is the finished product!! The kids RAVED about them!! They were easy to make, fun and different! Next time I might make a few with onion and green pepper AND some pasta sauce would be delish for dipping (the kids didn't want the sauce so I was cool with not fussing with it this time)


No comments: