Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, June 4, 2012

MANI Monday

WOWee, WOW-WOW, WOW! I have been BUSY!! Kids outta school for the summer, getting ready for the HUGE community garage sale, The 3 French Hens Market in Morris and life! Haven't had much of a chance to blog! I'm linking up with Heather http://www.glitterandglossblog.com/2012/06/mani-monday.html for MANI-monday!

I am going to show you my Toes-ies that I did for Memorial Day (since I missed linking up last week) maybe you can use for the Fourth of July!!

I used a nice coral-y orange because I LOATHE red on me! This was a good compromise!
OPI - A Good Man-darin is Hard to find, Star decals and silver glitter

I have been on the NEON kick (in SMALL doses such as accents which includes NAIL POLISH). Here is the last mani I sported....


My daughter and I BOTH did neon nails and when we went to Legoland, one of their displays had a black light that HIGHLIGHTED our neon....
L to R: Sinful Fusion Neon (pink) Sinful Neon Melon (yellow)

These neon colors are by sinful (sold at Target) and are a great price point at $1.99 BUT the old adage is true - you get what you pay for....these took at least 5 coats to be as brilliant in color and they chipped the next day ☹ total bummer after all that work! 

SO, since the polish was stellar for nails, I decided to try it on a rhinestone bracelet I purchased at the flea market....


I started out with the Neon Melon BUT knew I wanted it to be more citrus-y, so I added Milani - Pink Hottie, Spoiled - Jail Bait (which is the orange) and Pure Ice - Wild Thing (Lime Green).
 Whatcha think?!?! A fun neon piece to add to the summer wardrobe - right?!?!

HAVE YOU tried to use nail polish on jewelry?!?!

2 comments:

Emi Brade said...

that bracelet it soo fun! Great for summer, and now I have a great idea for a necklace, I never thought of using nail polish to paint other things with!

Makaila said...

I always love your nails! And I picked up the PERFECT blue skirt with white stars to wear for the Fourth and I am soo going to do the Red polish with white stars mani that you did!