Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thrifty Tuesday DENIM VEST

Blog surfing one day I saw the Nicole Richie sleeveless denim vest and she told us how to make a similar version (SO SORRY I can't remember the blog)....SO I set out to find some inspiration.....

Found the ABOVE on Polyvore for 360....Love the skull and roses.....

Below is Nicole Richie in a sleeveless denim vest....

Being thrifty and creative I KNEW this challenge was right up my alley....I found this "BEAUTY" at the thrift....

 That corduroy collar was AWFUL!!! So I cut it off...


 and as for the back....I got a lace shirt at the thrift, washed and cut to fit the insert on the back of the jacket and used seam and bond cuz this momma doesn't sew!!! ANd VIOLA!!

I want to find some iron on pearl bling (like the rhinestones) to add the sweet to the sassy!! Have you seen something like that anywhere?

No comments: