Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, June 14, 2012

TRY It Thursday BE NICE

First I want to say THANK YOU for all those of you keeping my dad and family in your thoughts and prayers! My dad is on the mend and doing as well as expected - again THANK GOD!

This post isn't a project, or a FAB new product....it's some advice....We ALL KNOW it....we just don't always apply it....it's so simple.....
BE NICE.....

(image via Pinterest)

You never know what someone else has going on....YOUR words could be the thing that makes their day or breaks their day.....

So with that said, Ask somebody "How are you today? and take an interest, try to draw them out and find out how they are feeling"

Say Hello! Good Morning, Good Afternoon, or Good Evening....


Instead of texting, send a handwritten note......


It's easy to do when you have PRETTY notecards....you can make them yourself, but them at Target's Dollarspot or order them from Etsy! Keep them organized and all your mailing supplies together.....

Pay a stranger a compliment - it's EASY!! Tell them you like their shoes, their earrings, their umbrella - anything! It's a sure way to brighten their day!!

In an effort to showcase nice leave me a comment of something nice you have done or something nice that was done for you!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It's true, just having someone say something nice to you can totally make your day--and for me, I remember those compliments for years! Once, I was wearing a brand new dress that I loved for the first time, and I sat down next to this little old man. He turned to look at me, and said, "Oh my, I'm sitting next to a model!"
I was smiling for hours after that...remembering it still makes me smile today.
It's definitely worth it to put in the effort to be nice!