Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

I will preface by saying I'm not mexican BUT I LOVE mexican food, spirit, warmth and sense of community and family! I've never officially celebrated cinco de mayo and every year I'm sad when it comes to pass and I didn't plan ahead! This year I wasn't letting it creep up on me - I had my menu planned, my cocktail of choice and put out my vintage cinco de mayo tea towel I found while thrifting (Isn't it ADORBS)

 Years ago I found this image somewhere on line (if it's yours please tell me soI can credit you) and saved it so I could imitate it...clearly it passed me by this year (high hopes for next year!!)


For my cocktail of choice I got my red and green azucar (sugar)

Used a lime wedge to moisten the glass and dipped in the colored sugars....


I made beer-rita's BUT I subbed citrus vodka for tequila...



Steak tacos, pico de gallo and my beer-rita!

My lil guy was eating his taco...set it down and realized it was like the bat signal from batman!! I don't think he could've done that IF he tried!! 

What did YOU do for cinco de mayo?!?!

No comments: