Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

THRIFTY Tuesday

With the warmer weather FINALLY here I have been working on my deck, getting ready for outdoor entertaining....Today's topic is THRIFTY Tuesday SO that means we are working with what we have....

 (White Bench Ikea 6 yrs ago, table garage sale 7 years ago and chair frames {cushions are inside waiting to be covered} free curbside finds)

 I sanded the bench down (I LOVED the weather shabby chic look BUT I have been wanting to paint it black to unify the patio "set") The bench has lived inside (cute lil bistro like look in my old house...with a vintage sewing table and two chairs that have chair covers)....


The table has seen better days...look to the left and you can see a SUPER lazy 4 year layover....the table was originally hunter green...I started to paint it black and never finished...4 years later! LOL! So this year I decided to FINISH it and give it a new swish of paint (as you can see the top has paint marks from painting cabinet doors on it a couple summers ago). To prevent the paint form dripping onto the patio I tucked cereal boxes under the braces...

And since I was using Rustoleum Enamel paint (SUPER great sturdy paint but a BIOTCH to clean off paint brushes and supplies) I saved the container from my spinach (I use these containers for EVERYTHING) and filled with the paint and the spinach container became my paint tray...

STAY TUNED for the patio after to be coming shortly....

No comments: