Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, May 27, 2013

MAKE IT Monday Firestarters

I got a new grill...I was drooling over it a Target last month and now it's mine!! It's the Stōk Drum Charcoal grill...NOT only is it super cute....

BUT it also has the option for the below interchangeable grill inserts to take your grilling to a whole other level....below is a pic from their website http://www.stokgrills.com/ (dear stok grill masters, IF you are looking for someone to try your new grill inserts - I'd BE HAPPY TOO).

All Grill Inserts



Ok, so back to my homemade fires starters....I saw something like this on Pinterest and made my own version...I took my CARDBOARD (don't use the styrofoam) egg container....
 Cut it in half....

 I crumpled up several pieces of newspaper and stuffed them down into the empty egg container....

and closed it....

From one egg container I got 2 natural fire starters for the grill...I simply place inside (from the bottom of the grill because stōk has the fire canister kinda built inside) and light....

The fire starter stays lit long enough to light the fire....so you can cook your meat....What's YOUR favorite grilling recipe?!?


No comments: