Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wave your magic WAND

The other day I was thinkin "I used to be so crafty....what happened to me?!?!" I think sometimes we lose our mojo...Tuesday I found it!! I had made the wand on the far right several weeks ago...BUT I changed out the think skewer for an actual stick...



I used the skewer another way...I topped it with a large pearl....


By just sticking the skewer thru the hole...

OK, back to the first wand I did...I ruffled the crepe paper around an old ribbon spool, but the back of the spool was exposed...I could've covered it with a paper circle BUT instead I decided to use pearls (MY FAVE medium) and glued then to the back...

Here you can see the works in progress (the one on the right is the big flower like wand)

On the pearl topped skewer I KNEW I wanted a penant of some kind - it only seemed fitting to use the words from Frankie's song(esp since I wrote them out on my chalk globe also)....



To attach the penant to the skewer I glued the inside of the paper and held it in place with clothespins...

And TA-DA....Here they are.....


No comments: