Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIWW

It's Wednesday and I am linking up with the Pleated Poppy for WIWW http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2013/05/what-i-wore-wednesday-118/....BUSY week - lots of pics (no selfies this time!). Have any of you had that AWFUL cold?!?! It ran it course thru our house...started with aches and chills and a sore throat on Saturday and I am finally on the mend today (I'm sure if I was able to rest more I'd be feelin 100% but you know what they say....no rest for the wicked! LOL).

Wednesday
I had to start with this pic because doesn't everyone move in their fancy clothes?!?! I am in the process of completely moving my stuff into my place (never mind the fact that I've already been here 10 months!)


 What I am wearing:
Silver Ball Necklace - Thrifted
Microfiber tank (The BEST layering piece EVAH!!) - Chico's
Chambray Shirt - Chaps Ralph Lauren - Thrifted
Green Jeans - Chico's
Sandals - Macy's

THURSDAY
(garage sale day...put my stuff out, made a few bucks and got some sun)
 What I am wearing:
Monogram Necklace - Sholih Designs - ETSY
Pink Cami Bra-let (peaking outta my tank - LOVE these too - for layering with tanks) - Lane Bryant
Pink Leopard Tank - Wal Mart (OLD)
Shorts - Cut off by moi LUCKY brand jeans (these were thrifted jeans that were WAY too long and boot cut style, so I couldn't even cuff them into capri's so I made them into cut offs)

FRIDAY
(Funny story about this outfit....while at work a client complimented my necklace, then proceeded to tell me she wouldn't wear it with "that print" I said "what print?" She said "leopard" I replied "oh leopard isn't a print - it's a neutral"....then she told me they didn't match...I said "you'd really hate my shoes then, because they are pink and don't match either...") SO my fellow fashionistas....what say you? LEOPARD and turquoise - a yay or a nay?!?! Please leave a comment and I will post results next week!!
 What I am wearing:
Turquoise Bibb Necklace - Chico's
Leopard Tunic - Thrifted (and was destined for the thrift pile again UNTIL last summer when I tried belting it - the belt saved the tunics life!!!)
Belt - Chico's
Bracelets - Sterling and turquoise flower - Target 8 yrs ago, turquoise stone - Ralph Lauren via Nordstrom Rack
Large Flower Ring - Pier One - like 7 years ago
(SEE ladies - hang on to your stuff - you can incorporate and mix and match YEARS later)
Capris - Chico's So slimming crop pants - cuffed up
Sandals - Macy's
FAB SKIN COLOR - Mr. Sunshine
**Purse - Target last year - I ADORED the burlap and hot pink

SATURDAY
What I am wearing:
Necklace - Thrifted
Dress - Marshall's
Belt - Chico's
Purse- Target
Sandals - Macy's
AGAIN, here I used the inspiration of a pop of pink to accent my otherwise neutral outfit....I carried the pink out in accessories (my necklace, bracelet, purse and sandals AND toe nail polish!)

MONDAY
 What I am wearing:
Necklace - Maurice's
Leopard Shirt - JCP (last year)
Capri's - Chico's so slimming crops that I roll cuffed
Sandals - Macy's

TUESDAY
What I am wearing:
Necklace - Macy's MAJOR SCORE on clearance for $4.00 - the clearance price tag said $20. and I waited and waited for it to go down more and it never did so I said forget it, I'm getting this bad A$$ necklace and when it rang up $4.00 I wanted to bust out in a happy dance!!
Cropped Black Jacket - Dots
Embellished Tank - Target
Black Cargo Crops - Chico's (I cuffed them and dressed them up with a jacket and heels)
Copper Strappy Heels - Thrifted

Apparently this week I was feeling a lil wild (leopard) and citrusy (pinks and oranges). Do YOU ever do that? Notice yourself trending toward a color or pattern story for the week?

No comments: