Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Try It Thursday Salsa Verde Freezer Cubes

What I'm about to show you isn't anything new....I haven't re-invented the wheel...it's just a gentle reminder to preserve the yummy things in your life! 
FIRST, I had the incredible fortune of having some salsa verde homemade for me (I LOVE latin food) SO, I put it in one of my cleaned out coffee creamer containers for easy access use....
(CLEVER idea no.1 -  it has a POUR spout, the container cost ZILCH and I am recycling)
 It will stay good for about a week in the container...BUT knowing I wouldn't use it all within a week I pulled out my cute lil flexi ice tray....

 Using my convinent pour spout (ie no mess) I poured the salsa verde into the ice trays....


Put in the freezer overnight....

Once frozen popped them out and put into a freezer bag....

And NOW I have these delish lil flavor cubes in user friendly portions available at my any whim (add to shredded chicken, beef taco meat OR defrost and eat with chips for a tasty treat!

No comments: