Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, December 6, 2013

FOODIE FRIDAY...HOMEMADE ITALIAN DRESSING

NOW that Thanksgiving is over and we have all STUFFED ourselves I decided it was time to get back to eating healthy....I just FEEL better when I do. In reading the Skinny Italian cookbook I became more aware of how many preservatives are in our everyday food. Why do you think it has such a long shelf life?!??! Avoiding those types of products all together just isn't practical for my lifestyle right now BUT I make small efforts to do what I can. For EXAMPLE....making my own italian dressing. The ingredients are shown below and there is no SPECIFIC measurements - it's like old school cooking as it's done to "taste".  

I re-use my coffee mate creamer containers to store the dressing. Maybe a 1/4 cup of olive oil, and a few splashes of red wine vinegar, a dash of salt and pepper, italian seasoning, dash of granulated garlic and a dash of dried parsley...mix and taste - add a lil of this or that according to YOUR taste buds....

Get you favey mixed greens, red onion, tomatoes, croutons and your homemade dressing...top with some fresh grated parmesan and you have a nice DELISH lil lunch! 

No comments: