Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

PINTEREST Pinspiration YEAR In REVIEW

Pinterest is the GO TO place for ideas!! We all pin lots and lotsa stuff....some pins are things we dream about...some things we wanna eat....the fitness plan for the body we want....the make-up we think is FAB....and the PROJECTS we intend to do! Here is my top 9 projects of 2013

The FIRST pic is the ORIGINAL inspiration that can be found on my pinboards here http://www.pinterest.com/janaec/ and the SECOND pic is MINE

ORIGINAL
MY version 
(I had bags of black rocks lying around so I used those...I should intermix some natural colored stones)

ORIGINAL

MINE
(I don't have kids that play baseball and I HEART pearls, so I made a volleyball cuff with the same principal using a piece of an old volleyball)
ORIGINAL

MY version
(STILL haven't gotten around to intermixing black and white polka dot tassels)

ORIGINAL

MINE
I preferred the natural look of the cardboard so I peeled the label off and I store the excess brushes and combs inside

ORIGINAL

MINE
(I was disappointed it what SHOULD have been an easy project...my sequins didn't float SO I wonder if the original image user put glycerin in their water...AND it was a pain to get the sequins out...the project I would consider a fail)


MINE
DIY Shave lotion....works pretty good BUT by the time you buy all the ingredients you could've bought a can of shaving cream SO not really cost effective

ORIGINAL 

MINE 
(I ALWAYS ADORED the look of that gold scale frame...I was going to spray paint mine gold BUT in the end decided I liked the pop of color...deets to come soon...)

This was an OVER a year project in the making!!

ORIGINAL

MINE
(I thought the above idea was SO CLEVER BUT didn't wanna totally copy cat them so I wracked my brain for something along those lines to showcase the vintage buttons I have to sell and came up with THIS)

ORIGINAL

MINE
(hangs in my daughters room above her bed) 
I think this was ONE of the FIRST things I ever pinned...again another EASY project but sat in my pinboards for 2 years!! 
What was YOUR favorite project you pinned and did?!?!?

No comments: