Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, December 12, 2013

TRY It THURSDAY....SEQUIN Ornament

I posted this cutie ornament the other day with the promise of the how to later....


See how the sequins are dispersed throughout the ornament? It wasn't always that way....
See, I gathered my supplies (LADIES don't spend the BIG bucks on sequins- they are at the dollar store in a set of 5 lil packets for $1.00!!! I can't believe they were charging $3.00/pack in the scrapbook section at Target). 

And added my sequins...it's cute right?!?!?

BUT them my daughter said you should put glue so they are all over the ornament....BRILLIANT idea BUT the glue would leave a filmy kinda coating....SO I thought and I thought (and the ornament lived on my counter for 2 months WHILE I thought {because I need that constant reminder! LOL! I Need to SEE it})

And then one day while doing my nails it CAME to me!!! 

Yes friends....CLEAR coat nail polish IS a crafters best friend!! Simply add a few drops (we were a lil heavy handed the first time....you want JUST enough to coat the inside BUT not too much BECAUSE it will remove the color from the sequins)

Once you pour a few drops in, swirl it around....to coat the entire inside...
 As you can see there are 2 sets of hand involved here...my daughter started it and I completed it....

You just drop the sequins down into the ornament and move it around to get nice even layers of sequins...

VIOLA!! There you have it! PERFECT for your tree, a gift OR package toppers!! 



1 comment:

Kelly @ View Along the Way said...

That is so cute! I love the colors you chose too!