Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, March 21, 2014

FOODIE FRIDAY....Avocado Pasta Sauce

I made this LAST Friday and was going to post BUT by the time I finally sat down it was late and I was outta steam!! While perusing Pinterest I found this recipe for an avocado pasta sauce...looked good...oddly I had all the ingredients on hand and my kiddos weren't home for dinner (I GUARANTEE they would not eat this).

I gathered my SIMPLE ingredients (1 ripe avocado, 1/2 lemon, 3 cloves of garlic and 2 tbsp olive oil)
 FIRST you put the garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in the food processor and blend (while doing this your water should be boiling for the pasta as this dish was recommended served fresh and immediatley) when pasta is cooked, add the avocado a pinch of salt and pepper and fresh basil (I didn't have that on hand so I used dried) and blend until creamy...


and VIOLA!! Dinner's served!! 
The sauce had a DELISH light flavor HOWEVER I just couldn't get into eating it with the pasta...maybe if it were not as thick or I used less on the pasta....at any rate all was NOT lost...it is EXCELLENT with tortilla chips...SO I can totally see this as a guac of sorts!!

While I had the cutting board out I cut up a pineapple (not shown) a mango AND made another batch of pico de gallo....I felt SO domestic!!

2 comments:

Antionette Blake said...

oh my, I have all those ingredients too and I will definitely be making this!!!!

Twinkle Terrior said...

Me too !! I'm going to make this over the w-end! Great post as always :)