Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

THRIFTY TUESDAY....My cabinet went blue....

I am a thrift shopper to the core!! 2 year ago I found this cute lil cabinet that I KNEW would be a perfect hall cabinet (thin enough to not clog up the hallway BUT substantial enough to make the statement I wanted.....(you can't see it in the picture but there is caning in the inset of the doors)

 I put the first coat on (I bought the paint with the primer built in SO I didn't have to sand or prime)...now you can see the caning....
 Like the way I paint?!??! Around the hardware....I should've just taken it off form the beginning....

Ok, Now they're off.....I decided to try soaking them in coke...


After about 10 hours they looked like this....


They were ok...so I decided to use my Pandora bracelet buffer to try and clean it up more....

Here she is in all her BEAUTY!!! I adore the new blue color....I haven't styled the top YET (hence the cut off picture). I will post more when I style the top....

I've been a painting fool!! C'mon SPRING I have a few more projects in the garage I want to tackle!!

No comments: