Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

THRIFTY TUESDAY....Gym wear on the low low

Being THRIFTY is NOT the same as being CHEAP. The definition is as follows:

thrift·y
ˈ
THriftē/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person or their behavior) using money and other resources carefully and not wastefully.
    synonyms:frugaleconomicalsparingcareful with money, penny-wise,providentprudentabstemious;

    It is MY opinion that rich people don't get rich by being spendthrifts....look at some of the people you know...those that are frugal tend to have the money TO spend....I'm VERY thrifty BUT I also like having nice things and I figure out a way to be and do both!! It does take time, patience and thoughtfully picking things up off season (I say thoughtfully BECAUSE just because something seems like a good deal, if you won't use it OR it's not your color scheme, it really isn't a great deal). FOr example - after V-day HobLob had this GORG burlap runner with ruffled red edges - it was $7.00...a STEAL!! BUT I don't decorate with red SO for me, it wouldn't have been a STEAL.

    Ok, on with the show!! In the title I said gym wear....I just started going to the gym and by NO MEANS am I even fit...HOWEVER...having appropriate things to wear to the gym makes going a little funner (yes, I said funner). AND I have to tell you - I GET why gym pants are that spandex slippery material....so my fatty thighs don't rub together and cause a fire while working out! LOL!! Seriously - the fabric does make a diff diff.

    The ensemble below was picked up this past weekend...I already had the shoes - got those last month...below I will break it down for ya

Tank - Aero - $3.99
Pants - Aero - $7.99
Nike's - Macys - $51 and some change 
My daughter was DYING that I was in Aero shopping - how dare I shop at the same store she shops at...BUT I saw $3.99 tanks and knew I had to check them out....they JUST SO HAPPENED to coordinate with my Nike's SO I had to have them. Here's a PERFECT example of right place right time...I wasn't specifically shopping for something...and BAM!! I got a gym ensemble for $12.00 AND it matches my shoes!! The Nike's were 99.00 before xmas and they weren't in my budget...but I kept watching and they went on sale for almost HALF price - strike when the iron's hot my friends!! 

You guys saw this last week(I posted on FB as well and everyone wanted t-shirt deets)
 Skully T-Shirt - Walmart $5.00
Hat - Gifted
Pants - $7.00 Kohls
I don't usually wear white t-shirts (I hate they way white looks on me - weird I know) BUT the FAB design and $5.00 price tag had me at hello! I KNEW it would be a perfect work out t.

Everything old is new again...
T-Shirt - Maurices - OLD like 2009 old
Adidas Work Out Pants - Thrifted for a dolla on Goodwill dollar day. Can't BEAT that!! 

NOW, is it weird or whatever that I talk prices?!?!? I've come to realize that I must do that a lot because my son discusses prices, money, etc ALL the time - in mixed company as well....there are some things that should be private BUT I wanna share my fab deals with y'all....weigh in and tell me what ya think!

No comments: