Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, March 7, 2014

FOODIE FRIDAY....Snapshots of my meals this week


SUNDAY Dinner 

Lasagna
(shown below topped with parmesan and crushed red pepper - the red pepper added a delish lil kick)

When life hands you lemons....slice and add to your water 
(supposedly the acid in the lemons helps prevent kidney stones)
** CUTE lil ceramic basket is HALF OFF at Michael's this week **

LOVIN my George Foreman grill - I can FINALLY make chicken in winter again!! 
(marinated chicken in lime juice, hot sauce, soy sauce, fresh garlic and cilantro)
 TWO different days - similar looking dinners....although the one below is jasmine rice and the meat is breaded BAKED pork chops (try the Kraft Fresh Take breading - you WON'T be sorry - can be found in the refridgerated section near the cheeses). I marinated the veggies in red wine vinegar, olive oil and Mrs.Dash table top blend (NO SALT) and popped them into my George Foreman grill (I thought that was a pretty genius experiment that WORKED)

My lil miss tried her hand at dessert making....baked apples with homemade caramel sauce - a nice sweet treat!

One of my girls at work made me a quiche (she brought one a few months ago for everyone and I was surprised at how delish it was - it has fresh asparagus {i hate asparagus} and bacon) so anyway fast forward to yesterday morning - she brought and entire quiche for me - HOW SWEET!!!

This morning's middy  meal
Scrambled eggs (1 egg and 1 egg white) wheat english muffin, canadian bacon and grilled veggies (from the other nights dinner). Here I got my proteins, carbs and veggies. DON'T be intimidated to cook healthy - everyone thinks healthy eating is uber expensive (and it CAN be if you don't shop smart or are very particular). Below is the break down for this plate:

Eggs - .31
English Muffin - .48
Canadian Bacon - pennies on the dollar (was bought in bulk at a lil market in the city)
Veggies - .56 (the zucchini was .88 and I got 3 meals out of it and a bag of the mini assorted peppers were .88 for like a dozen)
ENTIRE MEAL: $1.38

Again, you won't ALWAYS find great deals BUT when you do see veggies and fruits at a GREAT price - pick them up and you'll be SURPRISED how you will incorporate them into a meal!!

No comments: