Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, February 13, 2015

FOODIE FRIDAY....CHICKEN Breasts

NOT ALL CHICKEN IS CREATED EQUAL!!! I've said it once and I'll say it a million more times!!! In the last month I've tried several different brands of chicken breast and some are "tough" and don't cook up as tender of flavorful....there are TWO in particular that I heart and go out out of my way to find....The first is #goldnplump. I've only been able to find these at my lil local grocery store and this past Saturday I found then at #target....


You pay a lil more BUT to me it's worth it....getting chicken that hasn't been raised with fillers and growth hormones is priceless (because those fillers and growth hormones pass onto our bodies when we consume chicken raised that way). 
These were my grocery fillers for the week (I LOVE using Mrs.Dash to season my chicken - no salt and lotsa flavor)

The other Chicken I prefer if buying a bag of frozen is Forester Farms Market (these can be found at walmart) and cost more than the walmart brand BUT again - tender, no growth hormones or steroids....the old adage of "you get what you pay for" is SO TRUE!!! It does sting a lil to pay more for these products BUT aren't we worth that??!?! We don't think twice about paying $7.00 for one fast food meal SO why not invest in yourself and your family?!?!?




No comments: